Tape Data recovery
Recovering data from tape can usually be done immediately, whether you have lost tape data due to software problems or backup failures, overwritten tape media, experienced a tape drive failure, or have physical tape damage.
- LTO formats including LTO1, LTO2, LTO3, LTO4, LTO5
- Super DLT, DLT8000, DLT7000, DLT II, DLT III, DLT IV, TK50/TK70
- Sony® AIT, AIT2 and AIT3
- Travan® Data Cartridge
- 1/2″ Open Reel and Cartridges such as 7-track,
- 9-track, 3480, 3490, 3570, 3590, 9840
- DC2000 mini data cartridge
And many more….
Backup Software Recovery Services
We often recover data from enterprise data protection products designed for large-scale, high-technology environments.
Recoverable enterprise data protection products;
- ARCserv NetBackup
- Backup Exec Microsoft Backup
- Backup Express Retrospect
- CommVault Tapeware
- Cpio Tar
- Data Protector Tivoli
- Dump UltracBac
Causes of Tape Failure and Data Loss
- Corruption: operational error, expired tapes, mishandling of the tape or accidental overwrites caused by inserting or partially formatting the wrong tape
- Physical damage: broken tapes, dirty drives and damage caused by fire, flood or other natural disaster
Software upgrades: inability for data on tape to be read by new application or servers